Saturday, August 23, 2014

TIME WELL SPENT

"There can be no keener revelation of a society's soul than the way in which it treats its children."                                                                                                           
                                                                                                Nelson Mandela.


This has been a worthwhile journey, full of fun and learning. I have become a better early childhood educator through the great learning opportunities that this program offered to me and there is no doubt that my career will be more fulfilling as a result. It was Isaac Newton that said “If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” I want to thank all giants, beginning from Dr. Darragh and all of you my colleagues for making it possible for me to see further by allowing me the use of your ‘shoulders’ in this course.
There are many things I have learned in this course. These include but not limited to: For effectiveness and relevancy in the field, an early childhood educator should be a continuous learner; All children, in order to be successful should be well fed and provided with nutritious meals in the early years of their lives; and An essential part of my job as an early childhood educator is to advocate for the well-being of children.

Taken from this course, my long term goal is to be  a caring early childhood educator who inspires and advocates for the well-being of children in words and deeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment